The following Terms and Conditions shall apply to a request ("Request") made by you ("you") to ChangeYourFlight S.L., Carrer de la Diputació, 303, 5, 08009 Barcelona, Spain, for an opportunity to acquire an upgrade ("Upgrade") using the service 'Bid for ScootPlus' ("Service") as an added purchase to an original booking to travel with the airline, Scoot Pte Ltd (BRN 200312665W), Changi Airport Post Office, PO Box 89, Singapore 918143 ("Airline").
Requests can only be made on selected flights operated by the Airline on condition that the passenger has a confirmed economy class ticket for the concerned flight.
ChangeYourFlight S.L also referred to as CYF, is the solution and technology provider for the Bid for ScootPlus service.
1. Key Terms
As you read these conditions please note that:
- "Airline" means Scoot Pte Ltd
- "CYF" "We", "Our","Ourselves" and "Us" refers to ChangeYourFlight S.L. solution and technology provider for Bid for ScootPlus service.
- "Provider", refers to one or more companies, individuals, entities, or any combination thereof having partnered with Scoot to offer the Bid for ScootPlus service.
- "Booking", "Ticket", "Reservation" means the acquired right for one or several persons to travel with Scoot Pte Ltd from a specific origin, to a set destination at a certain date and time.
- "Upgrade", "Service", "Upgrade service" or "Bid for ScootPlus" means the option of requesting a chance to be upgraded, at the discretion of CYF, from economy class to ScootPlus on a flight operated by the airline.
- "Solution", "Service", "Platform" refers to the technology behind the Bid for ScootPlus service provided by ChangeYourFlight S.L.
- "Request" refers to the act of contracting the Bid for ScootPlus service, purchasing an upgrade on a non-guaranteed or standby basis.
- "Standby" means the state of waiting to secure an unreserved service for a flight, in this case an upgrade, allocated on the basis of availability and factors set by the airline.
- "You", "your", "yourself", "passenger", "user" or "customer" means any person, except members of the crew, carried or to be carried in an aircraft pursuant to a Ticket, holder of a Booking with Scoot Pte Ltd requesting or intending to request a ScootPlus upgrade.
2. Accepting these Terms
Please read these terms before requesting a Bid for ScootPlus upgrade. These set the conditions for you to request a ScootPlus upgrade.
This is a legally binding contract between you and CYF. Please make sure you read it. In the event of any contradiction between the terms of service in any language other than English language (such as Chinese etc.), the terms of service in the English language shall always prevail.
3. Use of Service
Requests can only be made on selected flights operated by Scoot on condition that the passenger has a confirmed ticket for the concerned flight. Some Scoot routes may be excluded.
In requesting the service, you will identify yourself (input basic PNR details: Booking Code and either Contact Email or Passenger Name and Surname) and proceed to complete the Bid for ScootPlus request forms. The platform controls the validity of each booking, reviews all the requests, and verifies which requests are assigned.
After you have indicated what your desired price for the upgrade is, you will be asked to select some allocation preferences and then to enter your payment and contact details while accepting the terms and conditions. No initial payment is required and your credit card details are safely stored and will be charged if and when the request is accepted.
You can freely modify or cancel your request up to 20 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight concerned via the section 'Manage' of the Bid for ScootPlus website. Once your request is accepted or declined, it cannot be cancelled, modified or revoked. The moment of decision to accept or decline your request takes place approximately 20 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight concerned.
If and when your bid is accepted, you will be charged the selected bidding amount in Singapore Dollars (SGD). Amounts expressed in local currencies during the bidding process are for informative purposes only and represent a rounded estimate of the equivalent in SGD shown in the summary. The final amount charged may differ due to your payment card provider’s fluctuating daily exchange rates and commissions on foreign currency transactions. As our acquiring bank is located within the EU, please note that your card provider may charge an overseas transaction fee. For further clarification please contact your card provider.
The fare conditions for the original ticket you purchased shall remain in effect and will be applicable even if your request has been accepted, including, but not limited to, cancellation policies, change fees, reimbursement rules and other rules relating to the potential accrual of frequent flyer miles or other benefits.
Previously purchased extra amenities such as baggage allowance and meal, cannot be added to the amenities that come with an accepted bid:
- If you purchased a higher baggage allowance (e.g. 35kg), you'll be entitled to the initially purchased allowance (e.g. 35kg) only.
- If you purchased a meal, you will not be entitled to two meals.
4. Form of contract
To access the service you have to provide the identification details or booking code provided by the airline to manage your booking. Your identification details are strictly personal and confidential. As a user, you are responsible for the confidentiality of your identification details.
CYF takes the necessary organizational and technical measures in order to ensure an adequate use of the service. All information is accessed, managed and stored in a secure way at all times.
5. Passengers Rights & Responsibilities
All persons who submit a request must have reached the legal age of majority in their country of residence at the time the request is submitted. You shall be deemed to have the authority to act on behalf of and to bind the person or persons named or included on the Booking to these Terms and Conditions.
You agree that your request remains open for acceptance by the Airline at any time up to the moment of decision that is communicated to you at the time your request is made. The moment of decision takes place approximately 20 hours before scheduled departure. You may revise or cancel your request as long as your request has not already been accepted by the Airline. Once your request is accepted by the airline, you are legally bound to complete payment for the price stated in your final request statement. In case your payment fails to be finalised in full, your bid will be automatically declined.
In the event the Airline cancels a flight and re-accommodates you on to another flight, any request you made in relation to the original booking may be transferred to the new flight(s) subject always to availability. If, for any reason, the service isn't available in the new flight to fulfill your request (only where your original request has been accepted), any amounts paid by you will be refunded to the credit card that was used to pay for the Bid for ScootPlus service.
If your booking is transferred to a flight operated by an airline other than Scoot the Airline cannot guarantee the service you requested. In this case any amounts paid by you for the Bid for ScootPlus service will be refunded to the credit card that was used to pay for the same service. There will be no refunds, credits, or exchanges once your request has been accepted by the Airline, except under the following conditions:
- The flight for which your request was accepted was cancelled.
- The flight for which your request was accepted was cancelled, and the Airline re-accommodated you on another flight but without offering you the service.
- Your request was accepted, but you were not granted the service for reasons attributable to the Airline, including, but not limited to, a change in equipment, a delay in the connecting flight that resulted in your missing the connection, but excluding reasons attributable to your actions.
If the refund is accepted, the amount paid for the service will be refunded to the payment card that was used to pay for the same service.
Should refunds be accepted, they will be processed in the currency in which the service was charged. If a foreign exchange rate must be applied in order to complete the refund in the currency of the originally charged amount, a generally accepted prevailing rate will be used. This rate may be adjusted to account for conversion and other charges that the Airline may levy. In no respect shall the amount refunded be more than the amount charged in the original currency for the service.
You may apply for a refund provided that the conditions for which refunds are given as described in these terms and conditions have been satisfied. You hereby agree that to claim a refund, you will present the (i) boarding pass for the flight in question at the time you request the refund, and (ii) email notifying you that you have been granted the Bid for ScootPlus service, and you shall contact the Airline through Contact us page within 3 months of the flight departure for which such dispute is being raised.
6. ChangeYourFlight or CYF Rights & Responsibilities
The Airline is under no obligation to satisfy your request, and it makes no representation that any passenger will receive the Bid for ScootPlus service or upgrade requested. The assigning of the request is at the sole discretion of the airline.
CYF reserves the right to amend these terms & conditions without any notification.
CYF will always take care to ensure your payment card details are kept safe and secure, in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). Your card details will be stored on a server behind a secure firewall, and only a limited number of authorized employees will be able to access this information.
At all times, users will be able to get in touch with the airline at Contact us page to claim money back in case of an incidence.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Spain. The laws of the user's country of residence at the time the request is submitted shall govern these Terms and Conditions.
Without prejudice to your right under mandatory local laws to initiate legal proceedings before other competent courts, you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Barcelona, for settlement of any dispute which might arise as a result of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
Questions, comments and requests regarding these Terms & Conditions are welcomed and should be made in writing to the following address:
Carrer de la Diputació, 303, 5,
Alternatively, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org